At UQ Power our team coach many intelligent, articulate, experienced professionals on the art of a great job interview. And while many of the people we work with have skills for the jobs they are applying for, most of them had come for coaching because they felt they lacked confidence, finesse or experience in delivering a great interview.
One way to ensure you impress at interview is to be prepared for the questions - theirs and your own. There are a multiplicity of questions interviewers often ask, such as:
- What is the greatest value you can bring to us?
- Why do you want to leave your present position?
- What is the most stressful situation you have experienced at work within the past year, and how did you handle it?
- What is the most important thing I can do to help within the first 30 days of my employment?
- What main factors do you attribute to your growth?
- What makes you better than your nearest competitor?