My favourite nuggets of wisdom from the day
Last week I attended the event How to Identify, Package, Market and Drive Your Expertise Master Class in Sydney at Luna Park in the Big Top and after posting this photo on Facebook:
I had several friends and clients send me messages asking how it was, who the speakers were and what did I learn.
Always keen for an opportunity to sharpen the saw, and I had attended this event in particular to see Brendan Burchard in person after observing his internet success. I came away from the event with my wallet intact (no I didn’t fall for any of the limited number of seats act now sales pitches) but my notebook full. Surprisingly for a pitch-fest style event (we all gotta eat) I found that I did have some really great takeaways and nuggets of wisdom in my notepad from the day.
Below I've included a quick takeaway from each of the speakers on the day. (For my full seven pages of notes leave your name and email below and I'll happily send you a full copy of my notes.)
Speaker 1 – Scott Harris from Australia - Developing the Psychology behind Your Success
Scott suggested you need to:
- Streamline (know the things that don’t matter)
Speaker 3 - ANDY HARRINGTON [UK] - Promoting Yourself as the Authority in Your Subject
- IMPACT – break people’s pattern en masse.
- INFORM – a message that informs people without overwhelming them.
- INSPIRE – more people emotionally by changing their state.
- INFLUENCE – move them into action.
- INCOME – too many poor coaches and consultants and authors.
- “Experts are always students first.” Brendan Burchard. If you’re waiting for someone to tell you, you’re a divine being, well here it is “you’re good to go.”.
- You don’t have energy or confidence, you generate it.
- It’s about adult learning – you just have to apply the science to it.
- You can teach any topic to anyone whenever you decide to.
- You just need to believe and decide to start.